Monday, August 15, 2011

Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream

This recipe is for one of those special occasions or your Friday night treat, it's taken from The Food Lovers Primal Palate.  I did make some adaptations, as I find most of their recipes to be to sweet..  
 We made little sundaes topped with bananas and melted chocolate chips. 

Here are the substitutions I made, I used 2 cans of full fat coconut milk, 1/2 cup maple syrup (instead of 3/4 cup), 2 tsp vanilla, 1/2 cup creamy unsalted, Maranatha almond butter (since we don't have a Treader Joes).  The thing I love about this recipe is that the ingredients are all things I have in my pantry, and are fairly inexpensive.  The other Chocolate Ice Cream recipe I was using called for two whole dark chocolate bars, which can get a little spendy.  But best of all is this Ice Cream taste GREAT!!!  Definitely some awesome ice cream!  I was even able to freeze the extra and just let it sit out for a few minutes to soften and then scoop.  Yum!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually kill fat by eating Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete