Thursday, June 23, 2011

Susan Helms' Pre-WOD Energy Balls

This recipe is courtesy of our friend Susan, thank you for sharing the recipe with us!  I will issue a word of caution, they are heavenly!  So be careful to only pack one or two so you don't over eat and eat the whole batch in one sitting.  Think moderation here folks!  
That said enjoy, they are tasty and a wonderful source of Pre-WOD energy.

Susan's Divine Energy Balls

3 ounces Macadamia nuts, ground ( I used dry roasted with sea salt simply because it's what I had), 
for those of you who don't want to weigh it, that's about a scant 1/3 cup

1/3-1/2 cup Coconut Butter, Manna, or creamed coconut, slightly melted (I used 1/2 cup)

1/4 cup coconut oil, softened

a splash of real vanilla 

Coconut shreds for rolling in 

Ingredients

I used my food processor and ground the nuts first, then added the remaining ingredients and let it mix.  Poured it into a bowl and chilled in the fridge for about 15 minutes, just until firm, stirring every few minutes because the edges will get hard quicker.  

What the mixture should look like after chilled.

Place shredded coconut in a bowl, plate or other surface to roll your balls in.  Then using a tablespoon measure, scoop out 1 TBSP of the mixture drop in your coconut shreds and roll into balls.  Place on a clean plate or container, chill and enjoy! 

Rolling them in the coconut flakes.

*Using 1/2 cup coconut butter made me exactly 10, Tablespoon size balls.*

100 calories each, and 3-4 grams of carbs, 4 fiber and 2 protein, the rest is healthy, happy,  Pre- WOD energy fats. 

Ready to enjoy!
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I made these this afternoon. WOW, they are fantastic. Wish I'd doubled the recipe :-) I did blog about it and of course added a link to this page.
    Thanks for sharing!!

    http://gourmetmom.blogspot.ca/2013/01/coconut-macadamia-energy-balls-i-found.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Deborah for sharing the link, I appreciate it! And so glad to hear that you enjoyed these! I think I'll have to pop on over to visit your site, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    This means that you literally kill fat by eating Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete