Wednesday, April 27, 2011

We had Salmon Patties  for dinner tonight, with steamed broccoli and salad and it was delicious.  There are never any leftovers when I make Salmon Patties for dinner.  With the weather turning nicer and staying light later, green salad has been making it's appearance at our table more often which brings me to Salad Dressings.  I made one the other night with 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tsp Oregano, 2 garlic cloves crushed, smidgen of salt and some ground black pepper.  Put it in a
jar with a lid, shook it up and poured it on.  I am looking forward to experimenting with other ingredients and dressing recipes, I have some Macadamia Nut Oil that I think would make a great vinaigrette/dressing.  

Sunday's are becoming my clean out the fridge night. 
I have been making a huge stock pot of soup every Sunday night, putting in all the misc. veggies I have in the fridge that may be going bad or limp.  This time I used some frozen veggies, in addition to the fresh.  I love to use this Breakfast Sausage recipe and cooking it in some oil or bacon grease, crumbling it as I go, rather than making patties.  I add that to a chicken soup stock base, (this time it was boxed, but when I can I use homemade).  Then just throw in whatever veggies I have around, this time it was, kale, chard, spinach, peppers, celery, carrots, snap peas, zucchini, green beans, onions, garlic etc. I am sure I am forgetting some, oh and some bacon (after all everything taste better with bacon!).  I also like to use the Kirkland signature Organic salt free seasoning along with some oregano or basil, maybe some curry powder, whatever you like.  It is always a big hit and makes great leftovers for the next couple of days, the kids pack it in containers and take it to school for lunches and my husband and I enjoy having a quick lunch or snack to grab too. If you are on a budget it is a great way to stretch your meals, and your dollar.  Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment