Tuesday, February 15, 2011

1/2 way mark of the Box Wide Whole 30!!!

Well, we made it to the  half way mark of our Whole 30!  Kudos to those of you who have made it this far, way to go!  I know I have really been fighting the craving for a dessert or really the craving for some 85% dark chocolate the past couple of days.  Man resisting the urge has been difficult especailly since my daughter who loves to bake tradition goodies, was in a baking mood this weekend, and I made cupcakes for my daughters party ("real" cupcakes for this one).  Man is it ever hard not to lick that spoon after scraping out the bowl!

But I can say that I have been eating so well these last couple of days, by well I mean delicious Paleo food!  Homemade beef jerky, Carne Asada, fresh Guacamole, Pico de Gallo, and Merideth's Green Sauce (which I keep reffering to as Tomatillo Sauce)  all of which are so yummy!  For lunch today I leftover Carnitas from NICK'S CROCK POT CARNITAS RECIPE , topped with Meredith's SALSA VERDE,  and HOMEMADE GUACAMOLE, it was so yummy, I can't even describe it.  Tonight I had Fried Cauliflower Rice, with some leftover marinaded meat from making beef Jerky, ahhh, so yummy!  This coming from someone who doesn't even like Cauliflower!  It was so good! 
I also ate my fair share of unsweetened cocoa nibs, and my date and nut concoction to get me through.  Think I might be done with the cravings and can now get back on track with my portions this week.  Hope your Whole 30 is going well too, let us know what you've been eating to keep things exciting and delicious.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment